Is Your Email Mobile Friendly? Get Ready For Mobile Email Optimization
Posted by Joydeep Bhattacharya
I don’t know from where to start writing on this post but in the era of Smartphones, we cannot leave any domain untouched when it comes to Mobile SEO. I have already discussed about the importance of Mobile SEO and how they affect the revenue of our online business, but this time I am going to discuss about this new techie phrase “Mobile Email Optimization”, which is continuously growing in popularity just like fire spreads in forest.
Everyday, we receive some promotional offers or discount offers through emails on our mobile phones but if they are hard to read or not so impressive, we just go on deleting those messages from our inbox. Do you have also deleted some promotional emails before? I don’t know about you but yes, I do this because when I have to put lots of strain on my eyes for reading those emails. Therefore, I prefer deleting those poorly optimized mobile emails. Here comes the vital role of mobile email optimization but before checking the statistics that claims why mobile email optimization is becoming a necessity, it is imperative to know if really these emails sounds genuine to the mobile users or not.
Does the Promotional Emails Spam or Genuine?
It does not mean that the emails which are difficult to read or poorly optimized are spam. Instead they are genuine but then also we prefer deleting them from our inbox just due to their poor optimization. You can check the polling reports of LifeHacker that displays the statistics of 49% of poll participants claiming that out of all emails received by them on their mobile phones, only 25 or fewer are spam messages. It clearly depicts that there is a great chance of setting up your business brand among the mobile phone users through your promotional emails, but only at the cost of impressively optimized emails.
Your mobile readiness is another effective way of generation sales through your online existence. Here I am going to present three important cases and their supporting statistics to let you know why Mobile Email Optimization is becoming a necessity.
1. Mobile Email Usage Surging Amazingly
Are you surprised with this title? I don’t think so because you must be aware of the bursting fame of mobile device usage. Hence, it is important to check some researched data to know how mobile usage popularity is directly influencing the mobile email optimization.
- Research report of Gartner shows that 74% people buy Smartphones to check their emails from anywhere.
- Another report of Litmus suggests that majority of emails (nearly 51%) opens through mobile devices while 68% of Yahoo and Gmail accounts open via mobile phones.
- Radicati researches shows another striking claim that the worldwide mobile email users number will surge around 2.2 billion and currently 80% of email users are accessing their accounts through their mobile devices.
All above research reports shows that the number of mobile users accessing emails via mobile devices is surprisingly high and it will increase in imminent days. Therefore, if you really want to receive effective results through email marketing campaigns, then it is necessary to ensure that your promotional emails are efficient enough to be read by majority of mobile phone users.
2. Businesses Not Geared Up For Mobile Yet
In this cutthroat internet atmosphere, mobile phones have been continuously gaining significance among the users, but still there are majority of business, which are not ready to adopt any new mobile optimization strategy whether it is related with emails or the website design as a whole. However, the stats presented by some reputed websites will force to rethink over your decision if you are also not ready to adapt to this mobile shift.
- According to Equinux stats, only 11.84% of newsletter is responsively designed as per the layouts of mobile devices.
- Experian report tells another story according to which 24% of companies is not optimizing their emails effectively for their mobile audiences.
- eConsultancy reports that 39% of online businesses don’t have any strategy for their mobile email optimization while reports of knotice suggest that 95% of internet users are accessing their emails through their mobile devices and only a few internet users are using desktop for accessing their emails.
In spite of the fact that mobile devices are taking desktops and laptops in terms of email accessing, most of the businesses are still not preparing to get maximum advantage from this shift. The reason may be the earlier adoption of technicalities and expertise but you should refrain yourself from getting adapted to changes. Move with the change and increases your opportunities of increasing leads and sales to your website through the optimized mobile emails.
Either you can remain an un-optimized sender or you can use this trending change to grab maximum profit through the mobile devices. You can take advantages of the tools available over Internet to track who is opening your emails and through which devices.
3. Mobile Emails Contribute to Revenue Generation
When Mobile SEO is gaining importance due to the increasing number of mobile phone users, undoubtedly mobile emails will contribute to business revenue if done accurately. However, we must peep through some key stats that help us in analyzing how mobile emails contributes in the revenue generation of your business.
- As per the research report presented by Adobe, 56% of internet users are likely to shop via a mobile app in the imminent years.
- Adobe has also conducted a research over the inclination of online shoppers and the report suggests that 69% of online shoppers are inclined to do shopping via company emails.
- Zoomerang has other interesting stats of customers who have joined the mobile phone loyalty programs and guess what the report says. 90% of customers claim to gain through these loyalty programs.
- Edialog shows another noticeable stats claiming that 27% special offers, 21% real-time tracking, and 21% vouchers are most favorable email types received on mobile devices.
- Stats presented by Responsys asserts nearly two third of mobile users subscribe with mobile marketing services have made final purchase due to relevant product campaign emails received on their mobile devices while sources from eMarketer states that mobile offers are redeemed 10 times faster as compared with the print offers.
Going through the statistics reported by the reputed websites, you must have understood how important mobile email optimization has become in past few months. The increasing fame of Smartphones and tablets has already made Mobile SEO an indispensable part of effective digital marketing services, but the inclination of mobile users towards emails shows that you must consider mobile email optimization if you are willing to achieve immense success and revenue through your online business. It is not concern if you are competing for the success of your ecommerce site or your B2B site, mobile friendly emails can always benefit you from all aspects.