2022 has started, and we are now back to business. And, there can be no respite for digital marketing from carrying out content marketing campaigns as it has continued to be one of the most impactful forms of B2B marketing.
Content marketing is a proven method to help businesses increase their leads and revenues. It comprises podcasts to email marketing.
But, not all digital marketers implement content marketing, so they miss out on the benefits. If you are yet to implement content marketing in your digital marketing strategy, you should do so. And, to help you with the importance of content marketing, we have curated a list of the top content marketing statistics you need to know, especially in 2022.
Content Marketing Statistics
If you are yet to understand the importance of content marketing, go through the following statistics:
- 43 per cent of digital marketers document their content marketing strategy, and 60 per cent of the most successful marketers have a documented content marketing strategy (Content Marketing Institute).
- 60 per cent of marketers find that content marketing generates leads. Moreover, 70 per cent of marketers report that content marketing helps to educate their target audience, and 60 per cent find content marketing can build loyalty with existing clients (Content Marketing Institute).
- Video is the primary form of marketing media, followed by blogs, then infographics (HubSpot).
- 82 per cent of digital marketers are actively implementing content marketing, 10 per cent do not use content marketing, and 8 per cent are unsure whether or not they should implement content marketing (HubSpot).
- Despite 32 per cent of respondents saying they are overburdened by the amount of the available content, around 44 per cent say they prefer consuming three to five pieces of content before engaging with a vendor (DemandGen).
- 69 per cent of digital marketers invest considerable time in SEO (HubSpot).
- 73 per cent of people tend to skim blog posts, while 27 per cent read them thoroughly (HubSpot).
- 71 per cent of marketers report that their top SEO trick is targeting strategic keywords (HubSpot).
- 51 per cent of digital marketing professionals who run content marketing publish content every day (The Manifest).
- 69 per cent of respondents prefer learning about a product or service from a short video (Wyzowl)
- 81 per cent of marketers view content as a core business strategy (Content Marketing Institute)
- 18 per cent prefer to read a text-based article, website, or post (Wyzowl)
- 4 per cent prefer to view an infographic(Wyzowl)
- 3 per cent prefer to download an ebook or manual (Wyzowl)
- 3 per cent prefer to attend a webinar or pitch (Wyzowl)
- 2 per cent prefer to receive a sales call or demo (Wyzowl)
B2B Content Marketing Statistics
You can develop a picture of the potential of content marketing from the following statistics:
If you think that blogging is losing its relevance, you are wrong. It is an important content marketing element. Blogging gives valuable information to your potential customers and nurtures them through the marketing funnel. Here are the top blogging statistics to show why blogging can help businesses grow:
- Marketers who conduct content marketing are 13 times more likely to see positive RoI. (HubSpot)
- Blog content creation is the number one inbound marketing priority for 55 per cent of digital marketers (HubSpot)
- Headlines with 14 words or more get 5X more backlinks. (Convince and Convert)
- 51 per cent of companies report that updating old content is a proven effective tactic (SEMrush)
- Listicles achieves 2x more shares than other blog post formats (SEMrush)
- Longreads of 7000+ words gets 4x more traffic and 1.5x more shares. (SEMrush)
Email Marketing Statistics
You should not undermine email marketing. On the contrary, it is one of the most effective ways to nurture your audience in their buyer’s journey. Email marketing allows you to target customers with content that can help them understand your products and services.
If you are yet to implement email marketing, you should do so due to the following reasons:
- Email marketing is one of the top content marketing methods in the B2B marketing space that allows you to nurture your audience (Content Marketing Institute)
- Digital marketers achieved a 760 per cent increase in revenue with segmented campaigns (Campaign Monitor)
- For every $1 expense in email marketing, an average of $42 in return results. (DMA)
Many global brands have made efforts to create a branded podcast. And that is due to significant reasons, such as:
- Podcast ad spending in the US is increasing significantly to reach $1.74B in 2022, a 23 per cent rise from 2021 (Statista).
- 80 per cent of podcast listeners listen to most or all of each episode (Podcast Insights).
- 57 per cent of Americans listen to podcasts (Edison Research).
- There are more podcast listeners each week than Netflix users in America (Edison Research).
- Weekly podcast listeners tune in to an average of eight podcasts per week (Edison Research).
In 2022, you should implement a content marketing strategy if you have not yet implemented it. From the statistics, you must have understood that a content marketing strategy is essential for your overall digital marketing strategy. With a well-crafted content marketing strategy, you can effectively promote your products and services online among your target audience.